Background

Monday, November 19, 2012

What a weekend! 
I love that I got to be with my family.
I'm extra grateful for Kisses & my Comfort Zone.
The past two days have been jam packed with work and errands and visits and church and Christmas decorating and pumpkin bread making and most importantly, time with my family. I'm grateful for all the chances I have to kiss my baby's warm cheeks and snuggle close with the ones I love most. 
I'm especially grateful for the comfort I feel within the walls of my home.

Oh, and my baby said some new words, some sentences and crawled! The crawling may not seem like much, but she has NEVER crawled before in her life. She did something we call 'The Stinkbug,' in which she would crawl around on her hands and feet, bum in the air, just like a stinkbug...but she has never actually crawled on her knees. I was at work when it happened and my husband text me saying she was crawling around the house. When I got home I said, "Can you crawl?" 
She got down on her hands and knees and showed me how she could crawl. Then she stood up, clapped and said, "Yea!" I would assume she is one of a few kids that crawled for the first time, then stood up and cheered for herself. 
To each his own.

  Saturday was a run around, crazy, fun day and ended with putting up our Christmas Tree. Sunday morning I got the chance to see my daughters face light up as she walked into the front room and shouted "Tree!" She stood and watched it for several minutes then pointed and said, "It's pretty!" (a word I have never heard her say) I can't even imagine what Christmas morning will be like. I can assure you I am more excited than ANYONE I know.

 Sunday was filled with church and visits, then came time to decorate the tree. We hadn't even eaten dinner and it was already past bedtime...so we pulled out our blanket, ate French Toast picnic style & got to decorating. I love listening to Christmas songs and filling the house with Christmas cheer. I have 36 days to enjoy it & that I will certainly do!



No comments:

Post a Comment