Background

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

As I crawled into bed I glanced at the clock. 1:14am. "I've got to start getting to bed earlier," I thought to myself. I gave my sleeping husband a tight squeeze, whispered my love and turned back on my side. I laid there thinking about my day. Things I had accomplished and things I wanted to improve drifted through my mind. I distant rumble of thunder echoed through the dark. Then came the pitter-patter of rain dropping from the sky. First it was slow, then it got faster. Then it got louder. I love the sound of rain. I love rain. I love the way it makes me want to stay inside and cuddle on the couch and be with the ones I love. I love when it's warm enough to splash and play in the puddles and pools it creates. I love the way it drenches the earth and washes the streets and colors the grass and trees. I love how it makes everything feel fresh and new.
I'm glad that tomorrow I have another day. Another day to try harder and be better and share life with the people I love. Another day to live and breath and work and play and dance and sing and lift someone in need. Another day. What a blessing it is to have another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment