Background

Sunday, November 11, 2012

I'm grateful for the Holiday Season.
This morning I turned on some Christmas Hymns and man, did it make me miss home. I longed to be hanging out with my family, cozy and warm inside with the beautiful, white snow covering the ground and trees. The longer I am away from home, the more everything changes when I go back. But it isn't the roads and the buildings that make it home, it's the people. I love visiting Home. One pro about living away is that when I am there, I am totally there. No work or school or callings or anything to worry about, just being with the people I love most. And that's one reason I love the Holidays so much. To me Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's are all one big holiday season. November is a time to reflect and think of all the things I am grateful for and spend time with people I love. December is a time to focus on our Savior's birth, His life and the beautiful gifts He gives us. It's a time to serve and think about others and fill our homes with good music and create family traditions. New Year's is a time to recharge and focus on the year ahead, the changes I want to make and celebrate the year that just passed. Basically, it's one big party! I love the spirit of gratitude and love that spreads through the world this time of year. I love that it's November and the party is getting started!
Happy Holiday Season to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment