Background

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I will admit, my heart has been heavy today. I sometimes fear what is ahead in the future of our country...the future of my children. I don’t think we can fully comprehend what is really coming, but thankfully, we can be blessed with the spirit of faith and not fear. The thing this election has shown me is how split we are as a country. Romney fans attacking Obama, Obama fans attacking Romney. And voters attacking each other. It reminds me of my hometown football rivalry. But this isn’t a game. This is our country. We may not agree with our leaders or each other...but we must stand more united.  
We Are America. No matter what happens in the next 4 years or the next 40 years...we must stay strong as a people or we will destroy ourselves from the inside out. The government can control our rights and our money and many aspects of our lives, but they cannot control WHO we are. They cannot control how we act. They cannot take away what we stand for or believe. I pray we can come together and work for the good of our country. That we can be willing to sacrifice just as those ahead of us did. That we can love and respect our fellow citizens of this great land. God’s hand is upon us. May we live such that His blessings and peace can be with us all and uphold this great nation. God Bless America.

1 comment: