Background

Saturday, November 17, 2012

I'm grateful for His Perfect Ways.
If there is one thing I have learned in life, it's that God is Perfect. He knows exactly what we need, how we need it and when we need it, too. He knows what's best. I remember hearing the phrase when I was young, "Tell God your plans and He will laugh." I don't believe God ever laughs at us...but I don't doubt that He sometimes chuckles when we tell Him exactly how it ought to be or exactly how it should happen. I can't even count the times I have thought it would be a certain way or thought it should be a certain way, only to find that His way was SO much better. There are times in life I really struggle with His timing. For example, waiting longer than I wanted to get married, waiting longer than I wanted to have a baby, losing someone or something dear to me and just not wanting it to accept it was time. There are so many things I wish I could control, but I am so grateful I'm not the one in control. Because God is in control. And fortunately for all us, His ways are perfect. There are experiences we face that we can look back on and understand God's timing was perfect. There are others we may question or just don't really accept. But I have no doubt that God knows what's best. Not only that, He wants what's best for each and everyone of us. We will ALL face things that we question and don't like and wonder if we can even pull through. These are the times when our faith grows the most. If we trust God, HE will pull us through. Every single time. He will not only lead us and guide us, but comfort us and strengthen us. One of my favorite scriptures is found in John 11:35. It says, "Jesus wept." How powerful to know that our Lord and Savior, who was perfect in every way, wept when His friends were in pain. Wept for the loss they were feeling. He didn't tell them it was okay or expect them to get over it... He wept. He cried. He felt what they felt and hurt because they hurt. Most of the time when life doesn't end up the way we had hoped or expected, we hurt. We want answers and change and for everything to be different. And I'm grateful for a loving God who is aware of each and everyone of us, who knows exactly what we need and who is there to comfort and love us when we feel lost and alone, or simply just hurt. His ways are perfect. His love is perfect. I'm grateful that He is my God and that He's guiding my life. I hope I can have enough faith to trust in Him more and always remember that His ways are perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment