Background

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Yesterday I walked into our front room and found this...
I couldn't help but laugh. How cute it was to watch my daughter attempt to stand her toys on top of her cars and drive them around. This is the only one she got standing and as soon as she starting pushing it, of course he fell off. But what a good effort she gave!

This got me thinking about all the things I love about being a mom.

I LOVE
when she piles herself with books and flips through the pages like she's searching for a treasure...

when she runs in the room yelling "Hat!" - so proud she put it on all by herself...

when she finds random places to stash her toys...

or proudly wears my purse all around the house.
 

One of the greatest things about parenthood is reliving the innocence of childhood.
They are so patient and trusting and excited about life. I love seeing the way they learn and grow and explore the world with no expectations or judgement. What a blessing to have a children in our lives!

P.S. An update on the mouse. 
He is still dead, and we haven't seen anymore. But when cleaning his hideout we did find the cracker I had used as bait to get him to the trap. If he had known it was his last meal, I bet he would have enjoyed a few more bites.

1 comment:

  1. We had 3 invade our apartment last fall. One of my least favorite experiences. Ick! Glad you caught it so quickly. It took me a week or two to catch them all. You feel so invaded. Anyway, glad he's gone. :)

    ReplyDelete