Background

Monday, October 8, 2012

Mondays are typically known to be the most downer day of the week. Most people don’t like Mondays because....well, it’s Monday. This has never been the case for me. I have to say Fridays have always been extra exciting, leading into the weekend and typically the weekend brings something different from an ordinary weekday. And I have always loved Sundays. My day to spend at church and with family and focusing on the things that really matter most. But Mondays have always been just another part of the week for me. Then last Monday I had the wonderful experience of killing our mouse friend. Today was yet another creepy creature day. This time a roach. I’m not sure if it was a tree roach or a water beetle or just a cockroach or what...but it was definitely a member of the roach family and it was crawling on the side of my house. Fortunately, it was outside. But still, it was on my house. To his misfortune I was the one pushing the lawnmower. Therefore, he enjoyed his last few twitches and I (fearfully) ran him over several times. I didn’t see him after that and am only assuming I got him. But either way, I sang the song my husband and I always sing when we kill a bug, ‘“He’s seen better days...” and went on my way. Of course, I was still afraid he was going to crawl from the mower and jump onto me, attacking me for so willingly chopping him to pieces. But he didn’t. So I consider it another good Monday in which I am grateful to have been the bigger of the two in this battle of Woman vs. Creepy Creature. Though I must say, I am starting to wonder if every Monday will bring something
creepy my way....

No comments:

Post a Comment