Background

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Every conference there are always a few talks that tend to strike my soul. Today Elder Holland's  was one of those. I especially loved when He said, "We will not look back until the love of God and neighbor rules the world." 
As members of the church we are expected to be different from the world. But our differences aren't all bad as people might think. Our differences are meant to be for the good. I am not a member of the church only because it helps me. I am a member of the church because I believe in Christ, I believe in His work and I want to bless others with the goodness and love He has in store for us all.  I am a Mormon...a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We as a church, are about bringing people to Christ. It is ALL about Him. He is the center of everything and all we do. And though we are imperfect humans and we all make mistakes and fall short in so many ways, our goal is to spread the word of God and to share the love and light of Christ with the world around us. It is an awesome life to live. It is an honor to be apart of. And I truly hope for anyone out there who yearns to find peace, who yearns to feel loved, who yearns to find strength in a world of chaos and fear...that you will come unto Christ, listen to His prophet, study His words and allow Him to fill your life with the peace and love that only He has to offer. 

I don't really know who reads this, but for anyone out there who doesn't know our church, two times a year our Prophet and Leaders speak to us in something we call General Conference. It is broadcast across the world in many different languages and countries. And I will say, it is definitely inspired by God and worth every minute you have to watch. If you are interested you can watch or read the talks HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment