Background

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Something really special happened yesterday.
I was getting ready to head out the door and said to my daughter, “Mommy needs to get her shoes and then we will go bye bye!” I hurried to my room, grabbed some sandals and headed back to the front room. As soon as I got to the kitchen my daughter came waddling in holding one of my flip flops (that I wear everyday). I could tell she was focused on that flip flop. She was holding it with two hands and walked it right over to me. She bent over, set it on my foot and stood up watching it anxiously to see if it would actually stay on my foot. My heart melted. For the first time in her short 18 months of life, she had served me. Don’t get me wrong, she helps me and blesses me everyday in so many ways. But this was the first time she had consciously done something to help me without being asked or told. She knew I needed my shoes and without hesitation went to find them for me. What a beautiful, little act of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment