Background

Thursday, October 11, 2012

For anyone who loves a deal, you will understand why tonight was so exciting. I LOVE DEALS. I will search and search and search to find a great deal. There is one deal in particular that I have been hoping to find, 
and tonight I found it.

The evening started by pulling out our Halloween decorations so that I could find my daugther's Trick or Treat bucket from last year. When I pulled it out and saw it was broken, I realized I needed to get a new one tonight. Because we need one for tomorrow. Normally I am totally up for shopping, but tonight I just wanted to stay home. After a minute of debate with myself I headed out the door. I was all by myself and it felt kinda weird. As I got in the car I realized this was the first time I was running a 'need something for my daughter the night before an event' errand. That made me excited. I can only imagine the many times we will face this situation in the future and it made me smile thinking about all the times I will get to be there for my daughter throughout her life. I just love being a mom. ANYWAYS - I got to the store and spent my sweet time figuring out which bucket was best and wondered if I needed anything else. I scanned around the store and saw Christmas Trees against the back wall. Then I saw larger toys and items that had been brought out for the Christmas season. I thought I would go check out the trees while secretly looking for an item I have been hoping to find since last Christmas Season. Megabloks. Yes, Megabloks. These are not a cheap toy and last December I saw a bucket of 100 for only $10, which is a great deal. Since January I have watched for them online and in the store and really wanted to find them. I have been hopeful that with the Christmas season approaching I would be able to find them. So I headed towards the area I thought they would be and had no such luck. It's only October so I didn't expect to find them, but definitely hoped I would! I browsed through all the new toys making a mental list of Christmas gift ideas for my daughter. There was one aisle I hadn't gone down because it didn't look like there were toys for my daughters age. But something caught my eye at the end of the isle and I headed towards it. Again, not something I was interested in. I stood in the aisle for a minute and then turned to walk away and noticed a stack of 
Megabloks in the center of the aisle. There they were! Right next to me! I was so excited. I had already determined this was something I would be getting and with no hesitation I searched through the stack to find the best one. I couldn't stop smiling. I hurried to the check out and then to the car and still couldn't stop smiling. I was a little surprised with how happy I felt and wondered why I was so excited. I guess it just boils down to how much I enjoy finding a great deal (especially when I've been searching for 10 months.)  Though I may be crazy and weird, it sure was fun to have such a meaningless thing make me so happy. I've     
       decided their new logo should be
                      MEGABLOKS
       Kids happy, Mom MEGA happy

No comments:

Post a Comment