Background

Monday, October 29, 2012

It's been a productive day. Being mom, yard work, house work, errands...the stuff we all do on an everyday basis. I have also spent time thinking about all those on the East Coast where Sandy is hitting. Tonight I jumped on my computer to see the updates and news with a hope that it's all past with no harm or problems. As I glanced through pictures and read updates and articles my heart felt heavy. It's one of those times when the things of everyday life don't really seem to matter. You realize how precious life is. How quickly it can change. 
So I thought about my day. Sure, I got a lot done. But what really mattered? 
Lifting my sweet baby out of her crib, blowing bubbles, reading books, dancing and snuggling. Spending time with my husband and working together. Hugging. Loving. Having Family Home Evening. Praying for our family. Praying for friends and strangers who are facing the storm that is raging.
The most precious parts of life are within the walls of our own home. They live in our hearts and our thoughts. They inspire us. They comfort us. They fill our lives with meaning. While I am grateful for the beautiful day I had, my heart reaches out to those who have spent their day evacuating, preparing and giving their all to protect their homes and their families. Today will be a day that they will never forget. And though this storm will bring long nights and dark days, challenges, heartache and pain...I hope all those affected will feel the ever-present power and the love of God in their lives. I hope they know He is close. I hope they know He is with them. As humans, we are small and powerless compared to the forces of nature. But God is not. At times He protects, at times He heals, at times He moves mountains and waves. But sometimes the mountains collapse, the waves thrash and rage and we experience heartache and pain. These are the times He draws closest to us. He gives comfort and peace and hope and strength. He is the Light that we need in the longest of nights and the darkest of days. He is the Master, the Creator...our Savior, our Redeemer.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts, Ashlee. So well-said. Thank you! Love, Lynette

    ReplyDelete