Background

Monday, September 10, 2012

When life gives you Lemon Juice...
make Stain Remover!
We love smoothies at our house. One night as my daughter enjoyed hers she managed to spill it down the front of her shirt. So there I had a mix of black berries and raspberries smeared into the fabric and I wasn't hopeful that it was going to come out. I tried my typical stain removing techniques and the berry stain wasn't even fading. Next move...google. I love the internet. I googled 'how to get out berry stains' and found a ton of different links and came across one in which a girl had used Lemon Juice to remove berry stains from her shirt. I figured I had nothing to lose and gave it a shot. As soon as I poured the juice onto the stain it started to fade and then completely disappeared. I was shocked! I then washed the shirt wondering if there would be any mark from the juice...or the berries...but it came out looking like new! I have never tried it on anything other than this one shirt...but I will definitely keep it in mind for future stains! Definitely the cheapest stain remover I have ever bought!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a cool tip. I'll have to keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to share any tips you have with me, too!

    ReplyDelete