Background

Thursday, September 20, 2012

My baby is growing into a girl.
Today we were out playing and she happily ran around in her own little world. She didn't need me to be next to her or hold her hand (most the time.) She excitedly explored the giant world around her and took it all in by feeling, tasting, looking, grabbing and playing. She didn't judge it or mock it or care what it looked like...she just enjoyed what it had to offer. As I watched her stand on her toes to reach over a wall and carefully study each item she found, I was reminded that she truly is her own little person. All her own thoughts, feelings and desires. Just like me, but in a small body that can't do all it wants. How much she needs my love. How much she needs me to show her what she's capable of. How much she has to learn and understand. And yet, how much she gives to me. How much she loves and forgives and trusts. How much she is, that I need to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment