Background

Friday, September 21, 2012

Getting the good stuff down our kids can often be a challenge. A couple months ago I ran across a recipe for Green Smoothies that is made of spinach and fruit...and my daughter LOVES it! The first time I gave it to her I put it in a fun little cup, she took one sip and didn't take her mouth off until it was gone. Then I put more in a normal cup and she did the same thing. She sucked that straw until it was gone! It's always exciting to find something that you and your child love, especially when it's healthy. There are variations of the recipe from the blog I found it on, and we have changed it up a little for our desired taste, too. 
This is what I do:
Fill up the blender with fresh baby spinach, some water & pineapple juice. Blend. Add 2 bananas & 2 yogurts (6oz size), Blend. Add 4 slices of canned pineapple or about a cup of frozen pineapple. Add about a cup of Frozen Mixed Fruit - the mix I use has Mangos, Peaches, Pineapple and Strawberries. Sometimes I add a Frozen Mixed Berry Blend that has Raspberries, Blackberries and Blueberries. Though this makes it a pink smoothie, not a green one. Blend it all together, Pour and Enjoy! (Sometimes I add ice as well, depends on how you like it!)


1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing with Lawson! I love being able to sneak him fruits and veggies without him knowing it :)

    ReplyDelete