Background

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

There is nothing I love more than spending time with my family. Rick had Saturday, Sunday and Monday off and little love enjoyed her daddy time. She had an extra bounce in her step and babbled a little more than normal all weekend long. I could tell she was so happy to have him around. We were able to go swimming, work in the yard and just be lazy. But there is nothing we enjoyed more than watching our baby laugh and play and learn and grow. There is this part of me that blossoms every time she smiles, laughs or does something new. I especially love the quiet moments before bed when we sing our song, say our prayers and she wraps her arms around me as I carry her to bed. Binkie in mouth, hand on head as she twirls her hair and her eyes get heavy. She is safe. She is happy. In that moment I can give her all that she needs. I know that phase will pass all too quickly. So I hold her close, whisper sweet words and savor every moment of her warm, little body wrapped in my arms without a care in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment