Background

Friday, September 7, 2012


Moving to a new place means change and transition and excitement and work. All of which I have experienced the past few months. When I left Utah I took a piece of it with me and left a piece behind. When I left Milwaukee, it was the same. Now I'm in Texas experiencing new people,  new places and a new phase of life. Life is such an adventure! With a move comes the chance to rearrange, clean out and organize. It leaves me with a fresh outlook on life and a sense of accomplishment. A lot of the 'things' we own Rick and I brought into our marriage, or were given as hand me downs or wedding gifts. I have bought things here and there throughout my life looking forward to the time I could create a home for my own family. As we settled into our new place I began filling the walls and creating what we call 'home'. It's so wonderful to have your own space, whether renting or owning, big or small...it is yours to enjoy and love. As I came to the kitchen I had a big empty wall and an empty table. I really wanted to create a space I loved. So I took a few things we had, and bought a few things on sale and came together with a few hanging pictures and a vase of fake flowers. And as simple as it may seem, I loved it. It is one corner in my house that I feel is completely my own. I created it. And every time I am in the kitchen or siting at the table I feel totally at home. It's funny how proud I feel for creating something so simple, and even so meaningless to anyone else in the world. But I do. 
It makes me think of God and how we are His creation. And we are much more amazing than a corner in my kitchen. How He must feel about us. How He desires to be near us. How He loves us and cares for us. And how He holds us in His heart...
His greatest creation of all.

2 comments:

  1. Ashlee, I just saw that you have started a new blog. It is beautiful. I love our family blog too. What a great way to record and share. I love your insights, and quotes. I love you.

    ReplyDelete