Background

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Today two really great things happened. Well, three.

Great Thing #1
My daughter ate all her breakfast, lunch and dinner.
That is not normal and it was wonderful!

Great Thing #2
My daughter has come to love Dora. The only place she really knows Dora from is Netflix. She will watch it here and there for about 5-10 mins. So she isn’t super into watching it, but loves to say “Dowa.” It is so precious. The other day I was at the dollar store and there was a small blue ball with Dora on it. She pointed to it and said, “Dowa!” So I handed it to her and she held it for several minutes and hugged it against her chest and rocked it like a baby. I had never seen her do something like that, so I had to get the ball. Now we had 1 Dora thing in our house. Over the past few weeks I have been looking online and keeping my eyes open for a little Dora figure. Hoping I could find one for a few bucks since she likes Dora so much and loves playing with little figures. Yesterday I finally ran across one! It came in a pack with a 2nd figure that had blonde hair and blue eyes. I was so excited because I really thought my daughter would love this. So tonight when my husband got off work we met up, picked up the figures and I headed to a church activity and he came home to be Dad for the night. When I arrived at the church I called him to see how things were going. He said she LOVED her new little figures and was carrying them all over and playing with them and talking with them. I could just picture her cuteness in my mind and was so satisfied and happy that she loved them so much.

Great Thing #3
Tonight we had a Service Auction with the women from our church. It was awesome. I enjoyed being with friends and meeting new people, and mostly basking in the goodness of those around me. Everyone brought something to share. Whether it was an offer for a ride or babysitting, cooking, tutoring, teaching, arts, crafts...a whole variety of goods and talents were offered for no cost. Not only was I impressed at all the talent and willingness to serve, but I was struck at how wonderful each person was and how different we all are. We all have different tastes and styles, we all enjoy different activities and have different abilities and hobbies. We are all driven by different goals and interests and each person is wonderful and beautiful...and equal. I sat in that room thinking how much each person means to this world, how much each person adds to this world and how not one person is more important than the other. We all have different things to offer...but not one person matters more than another. It isn’t about a better or a worse or any kind of comparison. It’s about finding who you are, what you like, what you hope and following it. Being it. That is one of the reasons this world is such a wonderful place...so many different people, so much good to be shared. I’m grateful for the chance I had to be surrounded by so many wonderful women. Thank you to everyone who was there! (And to the men who watched the kids.) I hope you know you are great.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited you and your family have moved into our ward! Last night was a lot of fun. Thanks for all your help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. We are excited to be here! And I think you and Tina should decorate for all the parties and events...because you guys did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete