Background

Monday, September 24, 2012

I have never considered myself a really creative person.
I'm not good at things with my hands...and I don't have a very wild imagination. So trying to come up with new ways to build blocks for my daughter is not my strong point. I have managed to pretend I have built a garage for her animals or cars, a building, a tall tower and most recently a swimming pool (basically a square with as much blue as possible). We like to build the pool then put together some blocks to look like stairs which creates a diving board. Then we walk her Elmo and Cookie Monster and Barney and all their friends up to the top and they jump into the pool. Today I decided to get creative. Instead of building the typical square or rectangular shaped pool, I was going to do a diamond. So I started putting the long pieces together at diagonals and for a few minutes built up my diamond and was excited to show her this new shape. 

It was looking pretty good...
 
Then my daughter bumped it and I realized...it was a square.
I felt...amazing. 
Guess I used all my brain power trying to be creative and didn't have any left for common sense!

2 comments: