Background

Monday, January 28, 2013

One Person.
I got to spend this weekend with my husband. I couldn't believe the difference it made. I haven't seen him much lately, due to work, but he came home Friday night and we got to spend the rest of the weekend as a family. There was one particular moment when he went chasing our daughter into the back room that I laid on the couch and felt... whole. 
It's amazing how we humans adapt. We adapt to weather, to sickness, to people, to situations and to life. 
We learn how to deal with, we learn how to deal without. 
In this moment I realized how much I had adapted. When he isn't around, I carry on. I am happy and busy and life is good. I miss him, but we are working together no matter how far apart we are. But having him home, having him there, I realized how complete my world is because he is in it. I was reminded of how very important this one person is to me. The warmth, the comfort, the security that simply comes from being in his presence. 
The depth he adds to my life. To our life.
It's amazing how one person can make such a difference.
Among the billions of people that will ever exist, one person really does matter.
Every one person really does matter.

4 comments:

  1. So true! When Alan was gone, I was truly fine, but when he came out of the airport to the van, I cried. I didn't think I would, but it was totally appropriate. :) He was gone for so long and when I saw him and he held me for a few moments, I felt like my world was complete again. And it felt so good to have him with me, as it should be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you have Rick, and the love you share. It is an answer to a mothers prayer. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet :) When you walked into church this Sunday and Rick was with you I really got sooo excited and Scott even said happily, "oh look! There's Rick!". We were so happy you got to be together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone...and Stephanie, that is sweet of you guys to be happy for us, I'm impressed that even Scott noticed!

    ReplyDelete