Background

Sunday, January 6, 2013

I was organizing some stuff and ran across this post I wrote a few months ago that never got posted. I figured I might as well post it. 
Today my baby fell asleep on the way home from church. When we got home I took off her little shoes and pulled her relaxed warm body out of her car seat..her eyes opened for a moment and she relaxed onto my shoulder back into her quiet world of sleep. As I carried her in I saw my reflection on our car. I am a mom. That is my baby sleeping on my shoulder. And that felt so good. I have dreamed about moments like these my whole life. And though my baby rarely (like 2 times before in her life) transfers from the car to her crib asleep..the few times it has happened remind me just how happy I am to be a mom. And just how much I love all that comes with being Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment