Background

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My daughter definitely gets a few traits from me. One of those is her great amount of sensitivity (for the good and the bad). Today she displayed an extra large amount of this sensitivity when I pulled out the vacuum and headed to the front room. As soon as she saw it she burst into tears. I wasn't shocked, but it has been a while she she was afraid of the vacuum, so it did take me by surprise. I told her I just needed to clean the floor. She continued to cry. As I turned it on her cries turned into screams. I couldn't help but laugh even though I felt bad it made her so sad. I started to sing the clean up song so she would know I was just cleaning up. I sang "Clean up! Clean up! Everybody, everywhere!" and continued vacuuming. After a few seconds of singing I turned to see her reaction and found that she was taking the toys I had put by the TV, with tears streaming down her face and her body shaking from her sobs, she was putting them all away. She thought I was telling her to clean up. And even though she was scared and screaming... she was putting her toys away. It was one of those moments when your child reaches out and touches your heart, reminding you just how pure and trusting and loving they are. 
My sweet, screaming child... I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment