Background

Friday, December 14, 2012

God is Potential.
Being a mom is teaching me a lot. But one of the greatest things it has helped me understand is God's role as our Father. I have always known He is my father, but my understanding of what it really means grows each day. As a mom I know my daughter better than anyone else in the world. I know her strengths, her weaknesses, her loves and hates. When there is something she thinks she can't do, I can see the big picture and help her know she can do it. Or, when there is something she can't do or shouldn't do, I can see the big picture and help her know her limits. I am here to encourage her and love her and help her understand her potential. But God is the Creator of that potential. He is the Father of us all and HE is our greatest potential. There are many different things we can teach our children, but the one that matters most is their potential to become like God. Because He is their potential for good, for growth and for happiness. He is the potential within us all and no matter how many times we fall or how insignificant we may feel, He is our Father. 
He loves us. And that will never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment