Background

Monday, March 18, 2013

Our Wedding Day
I felt more whole as an individual and yet, more connected to another than I ever had in my life. It was a cold, March day but there was nothing cold about it. I felt warm and excited. Time actually stood still. I committed my love, my life and my all to my best friend and now eternal companion. I was lathered with hugs and well wishes of so many people I loved so dearly. A day to celebrate. And that I did. We did. Me, my new husband. My family and friends. Even passers by waved their congratulations. It was the perfect way to close a chapter of my life. Sharing this event with all the people I love. The people who raised me, taught me, encouraged me, stood by me, lifted me and loved me. The people who had accepted me as a shy, little girl, a sarcastic and goofy teenager, an outgoing and hopeful single adult. People who knew and loved me. People who knew and loved my parents. People I didn’t know, who knew and loved my in-laws. What a dream come true.
5 years ago today a new chapter of my life began and with it came so many wonderful experiences. It has given me the chance to learn. The chance to grow. To stretch and give and take and live. It has brought times to forgive and let go of selfish desires. It has brought so many reasons to laugh, to smile and cry. It has given me direction and hope, protection and satisfaction. It has given me a deeper sense of love, tolerance and patience. It has been... awesome. The ups, the downs, the highs and low’s. All are a part of this wonderful experience. I’m so glad it is mine. I’m so glad it’s forever.

TO RICK
Thank you for these wonderful blessings you have given me through marriage.
i love you.


4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! 5 years! wow! You guys are great together. I'm glad you found each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chandra! I'm sure glad we found each other, too!

      Delete
  2. I love you too Ashlee! It has been an awesome 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think of all the great years to come... It's gonna be awesome!

      Delete