Background

Monday, February 11, 2013

With Valentine's coming up I have had sweets on my mind! 
I love candy. I love snacks and treats. I am not good at baking stuff or making it look all cute. But there are a few simple snacks I can make that I 
REALLY, REALLY enjoy eating.

Just wanted to share.

Cream Cheese Cinnamon Dip
 
 It's as simple as that. 
Mix 1 cup of Cream Cheese Frosting with 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
Slice Apples.
Dip and Enjoy!
I use Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Cream Cheese and Fuji Apples.
For anyone who has ever had the Apple Pie Caramel Apples from The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, this tastes very similar to that. 
So yes, it's amazing!
I'm sure there are other things you can find to dip in it as well. I have tried Graham Crackers and Brownies...but Apples are my favorite!


Chocolate Pretzel Bites
(Thanks to my sister who introduced me to these. Not sure the real name of them, but figured this name made sense.)
Place Snaps Pretzels (the square kind) on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
Put Hugs or Kisses on pretzels.
Bake in oven for about 6 minutes at 170 degrees.
Hugs melt faster than kisses, so a little less time for them.
Remove from oven.
Quickly drop an M&M on top of the chocolate and gently push down.
Let set. (doesn't take long)
You can store these on the counter or in the fridge, depending on how hot your house is.
The kind I have pictured were for Christmas, but you can use them for just about any holiday or event by using different colored M&M's.


Sweet Potato Fries
(I LOVE Sweet Potatoes. If you don't, you may not like these!)
My favorite part is that my daughter likes them so it gets a vegetable in her.
Note: Larger, Rounder, Darker Sweet Potatoes have a higher amount of beta carotene. Plus, I think they normally taste better!
Slice Sweet Potatoes, with or without peel, into sticks or wedges.
(the peel contains a lot of of the fiber and vitamins)
Make sure they are similar in size.
Place them in a bowl.
Drizzle some Canola Oil or Light Vegetable Oil over slices.
Mix around in bowl.
Drizzle some of the Oil on a cookie sheet and place it in the oven while preheating to 450F.
Once pre-heated, take the pan out & spread the slices evenly across the pan.
Bake for about 20 minutes, depending on how thick you sliced them.
MAKE SURE TO STIR/ROTATE the fries once or twice while they bake.
Sprinkle with coarse salt and enjoy!
We normally dip them in honey... but I just ran across these dips that I think would be fun to try. Let me know if you try them and which ones you recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment