Background

Friday, April 19, 2013

It's amazing what a date can mean.
Two years ago today, the meaning & purpose of my life changed. Forever.

12am
I was lying in a hospital bed chatting on the phone with family members far away. I was excited. It felt like a dream.

1am
The epidural was wearing off. The nurse came to check me, I was at an 8.

1:30am
The nurse checked me again. A look of surprise. She turned to me and said,
"Don't push. Don't laugh. Don't sneeze. And if you feel anything coming out, 
yell to me!"

about 1:50am
The doctor was positioned and I was told to push. 
I pushed. Really, really hard.
I was told to breathe. I took a breath. That was much easier than pushing.
"Push!" I pushed. Even harder this time. 
So hard I thought my brain was going to pop out of the left side of my head. When it was time to breathe I asked my husband if anything was popping out of my head. He reassured me it was not.
"Push!" I pushed with every bit of energy my body could produce.
"STOP! STOP!"
I looked up and there she was. My beautiful baby girl. 
My very own little piece of heaven.
The world stood still for just one moment and when it started spinning again everything was different. Richer. Deeper. More meaningful. More precious.

Words can't express the love and purpose she has brought into my life. 
Today I celebrate her. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so grateful for your blessing, OUR blessing. Our LIZA. I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, little Liza! :) :) I can't believe it's been two years all ready...I know you'll enjoy the two-year-old-stage of life. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Happy Birthday sweet girl! She's so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Liza! This makes me so excited to see what Avery will look like by the time she is two. I love that you did the photo collage. Liza is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete